Hello world, I’m back in Canadaland! Soon I’ll share with you some of the delicious eats I had while in Hawaii, but for now you’re just going to have to deal with this no-bake peanut butter cup cheesecake. 🙂
I had an amazing vacation, and it was long enough that my nightmares changed from forgetting to punch an order in at the restaurant to being swallowed up by a shark while surfing. Can you tell I’m a restless sleeper? I’ve been an insomniac off and on since I was young, and sometimes go at least a week sleeping only an hour or two each night. Anyone else?
Fortunately all the exercise from the trip combined with jet lag has allowed me to sleep like a baby, only to wake up at 4 in the morning craving dinner. Again. A time change will do that to you!
When you’re searching for a midnight snack…or 4 a.m. snack, this peanut butter cup cheesecake is a wonderful treat. The oreo cookie crust and your freezer will do all the work for you. Chopping the peanut butter cups is the hardest part. Really! And if you freeze them for about half an hour before chopping, you’ll get nice even edges, too. Pro tip!
It’s a very cheesy cheesecake (shouldn’t they all be?) and what I mean by that is the peanut butter stands up on it’s own, but doesn’t overpower the creamy cheese. You’ll love the texture of the cake if you take it out from the freezer and let it sit for about 15 minutes — creamy, firm, and cool. What more could you ask for? Enjoy 🙂
- 2 cups oreo crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 500 g (17 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 L frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 15 peanut butter cups (about 5 packages)
- Stir together the oreo crumbs and butter and press them into the bottom of an 8″ springform pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar, and peanut butter with a mixer. Add the frozen whipped topping and continue mixing until combined. Pour over the Oreo crust and smooth over the top with a spatula. Place in the freezer for 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, remove the cheesecake from the freezer, quarter the peanut butter cups and place them on top. Let the cake sit for 15 minutes before slicing and serving.